Group Program Coordinator
The Group Program Coordinator reports to the Group Programming Manager and plays a critical role in our mission and strategic goals, ensuring high quality group-based programming that complements the 1:1 mentoring relationships at the core of the Friends model. Our vision is to utilize group programming as a vehicle for:
- Increasing youth voice and leadership in our organizational initiatives.
- Providing community building opportunities to support positive identity formation and the development of social capital.
- Enhancing post-secondary and job readiness through direct skill-building opportunities.
The Program Coordinator will be based in our Rockwood facility, at 424 NE 172nd Ave., with a work schedule that includes evening program events that occur on a weekly basis. Time may be flexed as needed to stay within a 40 hour work week average, but you must be available for evening and Saturday work on a regular basis.
If these statements and skills describe you, please apply today:
- You are energized by providing logistical and administrative support for youth programming, and have an interest in developing your professional skills as a youth worker.
- You are passionate about youth empowerment and community building.
- You are centered in racial equity.
Friends of the Children offers our employees an excellent work environment that includes:
- Respect for work-life balance, with some flexibility in managing your daily schedule around fixed programmatic events.
- An emphasis on collaboration and shared leadership, where all staff are expected to participate in developing and furthering key organizational goals.
- Generous benefits package.
- Prepare for, and coordinate the logistics of, activities for youth programming.
- Assist in the implementation and supervision of group programming and events.
- Support program partnerships via correspondence, tracking, agreements, and payments.
- Manage school year and summer programming attendance and reporting.
- Order meals and snacks for group programming events, camps, meetings, and training's, and take the lead on set-up and clean up for events.
- Manage summer food program participation, enrollment, and reporting.
- Participate in planning and implementing larger-scale organizational events.
- Lead the elementary group programming (2nd-4th grade) and 5th-7th grade cohort activities.
- Lead the coordination, planning and communication around group opportunities (i.e. Nike event, special opportunities) and provide training to staff around expectations and best practices.
- Be proactive and create, implement, and manage new systems, procedures, and programs to better meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage group programming projects on SharePoint and provide SharePoint usage support for staff.
- Support volunteer management for Rockwood facility volunteers.
- Participate in the organization, clean up, and set up of programming areas.
- Other projects as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational and time management, delegation and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Publisher; experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work independently with limited supervision.
Education Required and/or Experience Preferred:
- Minimum of high school diploma required; post-secondary training/certification/degree preferred.
- Two to four years’ experience working with youth programs; experience working with adolescent youth, and working in out of school time settings preferred.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to learn website maintenance and setup of audio/visual equipment for meetings and youth activities.
- Training or experience in Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA) preferred.
Salary range: $30,000 - $35,000 plus benefits, dependent on experience and qualifications
We are committed to our community, to equal employment opportunity, and to diversity in our workplace.